Merck™ Sterikon™ plus Bioindicator
For monitoring the effectiveness of steam sterilization. Merck™ Sterikon™ plus Bioindicator ampules contain spores of an apathogenic organism that is destroyed with sufficient autoclaving. When the ampoules are incubated, incomplete sterilization is indicated by growth of the organism.
Marca: Merck™ 1102740002
Detalles adicionales : Peso : 10.00000kg
The Sterikon™ plus Bioindicator System is used to monitor the effectiveness of steam sterilization at 121°C for 15 minutes. It consists of an ampule that contains nutrient broth, sugar, a pH indicator and spores of an apathogenic organism, Geobacillus stearothermophilus ATCC 7953 (sporulation optimized).
- Spores are totally killed after 15 min. when heated at 121°C ± 0.5°C (1 bar)
- At lower temperatures or lower exposure times, the spores can survive, at least partly
- An appropriate number of ampules are placed into the autoclave along with the batch to be sterilized
- The ampules are incubated up to 48 hours at 60 ± 2°C
- No growth of the organism indicates adequate sterilization; growth shows inadequate sterilization
|Incubation time: 24-48 hours|
|Red-violet; Turns yellow-orange if not completely sterilized|
|Verification of sterilization|
|Ampules contains nutrient broth, sugar, a pH indicator and spores of an apathogenic organism, Geobacillus stearothermophilus ATCC 7953|
|Organization growth/color change|