Roswell Park Memorial Institute (RPMI) 1640 Medium has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells, including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes, and carcinomas.
- Unique from other media because it contains the reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12, and PABA, which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in high concentrations
- Modified by ATCC to contain high glucose, low sodium bicarbonate, sodium pyruvate, HEPES, low L-glutamine and phenol red
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses a sodium bicarbonate buffer system (1.5g/L) and therefore requires a 5-7% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
RPMI 1640 Medium is manufactured at a cGMP-compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Sodium Pyruvate; High Glucose; L-Glutamine; Phenol Red|
|Biotin, Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2 4H2O), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Folic Acid, Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, HEPES, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Hydroxyproline, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4) anhydrous, Sodium Pyruvate, Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2 – 8°C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.